Tuesday, May 10, 2005

I'm still here....

OK- I'm back from cat sitting. It was a fun filled week of cleaning up poop from a neurotic cat.... but a shorter streetcar ride to work!

Anyway- I have fianlly finished Mariah. Here are some pics....

I have to admit, I'm feeling a little "meh" about it. The smoosh blocking (as suggested by Aven), got it back to it's original length, but it's REALLY big. But that's my fault, my gauge was off.

I knew that the whole time, but kept thinking- that's ok, all my other sweaters turned out ok- but remembered today that all those other sweaters were knit at a time in my life when I LOVED the baggy look. I went through university wearing extra large plaid flannel shirts and leggings- I would even wear them to the bar!

I've worn Mariah the last couple of days, and I think it will become a comfy weekend sweater. I still love the pattern, especially the sleeves, so some Sunday afternoon, when I feel ambitious, I may frog and see what I can do!