Thursday, February 23, 2006

Cue National Anthem...... Now

I'm finished!
I finished seaming it all last night. I have got to say, it was the easiest sweater ever to seam up. The sleeves fit in perfectly!

Too bad I hate it.
I love the sleeves, but the rest of it makes me look like a large blue cow. Sigh. I'll give it the "old college try" though... and give it a soak in Eucalan and block it.

The "peplum" section (the lace at the bottom) actually seems to distort the shape of the sweater, and I don't know how they could ever suggest it should be a "loose fitting sweater", unless you're a stick.

And, we're always told not to wear chunky yarn unless we want to look chunky!

Maybe I'll try taking off the peplum, and put some ribbing in instead.....


I thought the pink pajama bottoms were a nice match for it.

So, what next? Lisa has challenged me to a knit along RACE. I can't turn down a challenge. We're going to do the top down raglan cardi from CosmicPluto. She had already cast on, so I was allowed to get started today (the collar only) and we'll have our official start Tuesday at Stitch and Bitch. I will so beat her ass at this. Excuse my french.

I'm using the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran that I picked up last week. Oooh, Ahhh, what nice yarn it is. Quite a treat after the acrylic/nylon of my Olympic project.
Now I'm itching to keep going, but there's NO CHEATING! That, and I think I have a bit of tendonitis in my elbow from all the Olympic knitting!

The closing ceremonies for the Knitting Olympics are on Sunday afternoon. I screwed up and have something else booked then, so I thought I wouldn't be able to make it. I saw Denny today though, and her and Erin aren't going until 6, so I just might make a late appearance too!