Friday, July 21, 2006

Playing Hooky

It's Friday.
I'm not at work.
Oops!

I'm sitting on the couch watching Footloose. Aahh... what more could a girl ask for.

I've had a crappy week at work. It's made me want to drink copious amounts and take up smoking. But I've been good. Instead, I've gone to the gym, and had a pedicure. Only one beer, no cigarettes. And, I'm playing hooky from work. I feel much better now.

So, I have some pictures to show you....

Remember when i said I finished the New York Sweater? Well a few days later Lisa had us over for a Pool 'n Purl Party, and I modeled it there.

The pattern is The "Side Tie Vest" from Vogue Knitting, Spring Summer 2006.
I did it in Large, but should have gone down a size or two, it's way too big.
The only modifications I made were in the tie... I didn't knit it, I bought ribbon instead, and left the hole in the side for it at only 5cm, not 5".
The yarn is a Cashmere /Silk mix, handpainted, that I bought from School Products in New York.


Notice how bad my hair looks? That's for several reasons
1. I had just gone swimming, and didn't have a hairbrush.
2. My hairdresser broke her ankle and is out of commission. I refuse to let anyone else touch it. I hope she gets better really soon!


Here's a picture of her. Heather has actually become a really good friend, and knits with us too. At this moment in time she is eating an orange ju-jube.





Here are Katherine and Corrie hard at work. Katherine finished her Polka Purl Dots wrap that night, and it looks awesome. I feel the need to make one myself....

Tanya and Elizabeth were there too, but I don't have any photos of them....














Lisa and Brenda didn't do a lot of knitting, but they did spend a lot of time in the pool.





Brenda and I joked that we were going to start dropping buy on Sunday afternoons to swim and hang out in Lisa's huge backyard. I think Lisa's away this weekend, perhaps this Sunday would be a good time? Brenda?