Sunday, December 24, 2006

Death by Knitting Accessories

Yesterday I went on a road trip with my dad to visit some relatives up at the cottage. He drove the whole way there and back, which was nice, as I managed to get some knitting done.

A few years ago, my parents were in a car accident up there. It was one of those winding cottage roads, and they hit a slippery spot, and rolled the car. They were both OK, thank god, but every time I go around that corner, I get a nervous feeling. Yesterday I had visions of us rolling over, and me getting a knitting needle in the eye.
Did I stop knitting and put all my supplies in the trunk? Did I point out to my dad what a dangerous thing I was doing, and ask him to remind me not to do it again? No, I started laughing about how it would probably be safer to knit with circulars in the car (I was using big long straight needles), and also about what title I would use for my blog post after the accident (ignoring the fact that if I died, I would actually be dead, and not able to post..... unless they have internet access wherever I ended up).

Hmm... do you think this indicates some kind of problem?

On other topics- Yvette tagged me the other day. I am not ignoring it, I'm just taking my time with it..... and yes Yvette, the fetching gloves do roll quite a bit at the edges. But I figure it won't bother me because they aren't for me!

I hope everyone has a Happy Holiday!