Monday, October 16, 2006

This is the Cold that Never Ends...

Yes it goes on and on my friends.....

Seriously. I've had enough.

Anyway, in knitting content, I present the new and improved Sea Silk Scarf. I'm using the Branching Out pattern from Knitty, repeated twice to make it a little wider.

At first it was dragging, and I was having a really tough time getting through it. Knitting the lace pattern was just awkward and almost uncomfortable feeling. But last night I switched from my straight needles to circular.

What a difference!

I hardly ever knit with straight needles anymore, and if I do, I prefer bamboo. The ones I was using were just too long and heavy. Perhaps it's time to expand my collection of circulars.... make an effort to get all the sizes.

First I'll have to organize what I have. I remember seeing an Excel spreadsheet done up once, but can't remember where..... do you ?
It would save me the time of creating a new one.

Thanks for all the props on finishing the run yesterday! I'm really glad I did it, even if my time was lame and my legs are mad at me today. In fact, I'm about to head out and celebrate by buying some new running gear...... mmm... shopping...