Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year Baby

My best friend is having her baby right now. She went in for a pre-scheduled c-section 39 minutes ago, so there should be a baby any minute now!
I'm so excited, I haven't been able to sleep, and I'm not really functioning very well at the moment. I don't want to do anything in case I miss my phone call! So, I'll sit on the couch in my pyjamas until the phone rings.....

I made these little hats for them. Their house gets really cold in the winter, so they'll need to keep the baby's head warm.
I've also started a scrapbook for her. I just decorated all the pages, and put titles on some of them, so she can just put the pictures in when she gets them. I also did 12 calendar pages so she can write in when everything happens.... like first smile etc.
And, I have 12 balls of Noro Kureyon to make a diaper bag for her. I was planning on adapting the Booga Bag pattern, but after some advice from the knitlist, I've decided to try something different. I'm thinking of adapting the Messenger Bag pattern in Stitch ' n Bitch Nation, making it a little bit bigger and adding lots of pockets.

Back to waiting......