Thursday, November 03, 2005

Surgery has it's Benefits....

Thanks for all the get well wishes! I'm starting to feel much better.
I think I caught a cold too, which probably doesn't help. Can I tell you how annoying it is to have a really runny nose, and not be able to blow it or even use a decongestant? Not so fun!



After the 48 hours of continuous sleeping ended, I am able to spend most of the day awake, but still feel a little woozy if I stand for too long, so what's a girl to do? Sit on the couch, watch movies, and knit, of course! I have managed to finish two of the hats for the upcoming shower gift (I want to knit matching skull hats for mom, dad, and baby, did I mention that?), and I've started on the baby one. I used the London Beanie pattern for the hat, and the skull pattern from here. The hats were knit in the round, so I did the skulls in duplicate stitch. It took me a few tries to get the hang of it, but I'm really liking it now.

I also realized I never showed you my finished Booga Bag- here it is. I love it! I use it all the time, so it's starting to get a little fuzzy. It's keeping it's shape, which is impressive, considering all the crap I carry around in my purse.....





This afternoon I plan on testing out the new tear duct by watching Hotel Rwanda.