Saturday, February 11, 2006

Knitting Olympics - Day One

Here are some photos from today....

This is me casting on at work. It was around 4:30. I'm glad I got that done before the excitement of the pub. I would never have gotten the whole provisional cast-on thing under control there.
When I got to the bar, there was no one there I had met before, so I just sat myself down at a table. There were all ready about 15 people knitting away. A couple of other knitters had come in at the same time, so they sat down with me. I was at the back of a booth, so I just sat there all night.... no mingling! It was pretty crowded anyway, not a lot of room to move around!

I had a great group sitting at my table. I stole this photo from Jen's blog. This is my table, minus one (I'm not sure what happened to B, and I don't know if she has a blog, but she's going to have a sweater pattern in the next Knitty!).
Let's see if I can remember who everyone is....

From the left we have: Michelle (who was wearing "mermaid", it was gorgeous on her!), Stephanie (who's blog I've been reading since I knew what a blog was), me (not wearing my Team Canada jersey 'cause it was too freaking hot, and I didn't want to be smelly), Yvette, Erin (who I totally recognize from the Naked Sheep, but she didn't recognize me....), Laura (who has the most insane knitting Olympics project), and the other Laura (who was working on a gorgeous sweater, but not for competition). Whew.














Here are some action shots. Enjoy!



This is Kelly. She is the Team Canada creator/goddess. She looked like she was having a lot of fun. I noticed she wore her jersey all night, but I didn't notice any smelliness.

This is Denny. She also works at the Naked Sheep. She's funny.
This is Jen. She is also a Team Canada goddess. She did a lot of announcements, and I bet she has no voice Saturday morning.
Other people I don't know.

This is what I accomplished on Day 1. It doesn't look like much, but I had a false start. I had almost gotten to the lace section when I decided it was going to be too big. I frogged and started again , but a size smaller. Stephanie and B- thanks for your support through the ordeal!
Here it is with my jersey, because it's the only photo I have of it.....
Day 2 will be a down day for me. I'm going to an all day scrapbooking crop, so I don't think I'll get much knitting done!