Monday, January 30, 2006

Training Update

I did some swatching last night....
It's the Capricorn Bulky that I was given a big bag of from a friend at work. 50% acrylic, 50% nylon, and it's fuzzy. My tension was good on the first try (perfect for stitches, but two extra for rows. How can my stitches be the right width, but not the right height? How do I fix that?)

Anyway, I am planning on using it for this:

It's the Eyelet Pullover from Fall 2005 Vogue Knitting.
It's gonna be my knitting olympics challenge! I have officially signed up at the Yarn Harlot's site and for Team Canada at marmalade.ca.

Why will it be a challenge for me?
  • keeping track of the lace pattern while enthusiastically cheering on Canadians could get messy
  • I've never used a provisional cast-on
  • I've never knit with anything so fuzzy
  • and I'm sure that getting it to fit will be a challenge!