Monday, August 28, 2006

I Love Pesto

I picked some basil from our garden at work the other day, so I just finished making some fresh pesto. Gawd, I could eat this stuff all day, every day.

Anyway, some updates....
  • the family reunion went really well. All the planning was worth it! Some pictures....
This is my cousin's husband Jamie- he works on the oil fields in Alberta. You should have seen his face when we told him he needed to wear a kilt... what a good sport! He even kept it at the end of the week, for the next reunion....

And here's what my family served for dinner...... haggis and black pudding links! Well, not the main course (we had salmon for that), but enough for everyone to get a taste or two!
  • I started Branching Out with my Sea Silk. I did two repeats of the pattern, with a garter stitch in the middle. I think this is the one!
  • I've finished the main part of the baby vest. I'll head to the Sheep tomorrow and pick up a colour for the edging. I'm thinking burlap or green. What do you think?
  • I think I'll get enough to make Sam as a Christmas present. It looks so cute!
  • the guy I went on 4 dates with? Apparently that was all.....