Monday, September 12, 2005

In Which She Banishes the Laziness Fairy

Woo Hoo! I had a productive weekend (and it ain't over yet)!

Saturday was the "Amazing Race" organized by Jo and her friend Marlo. I ran it with Jen from work, and my last adventure race partner Chris ran it with Lisa (his wife).
There were 11 teams, and we came in 5th and 6th places overall- not bad! We made it past the first elimination round, but were eliminated right at the end.
We all started out at the park, and had to get from checkpoint to checkpoint. Some of the things we had to do.... play wheelchair basketball, play pictionary with play-do, find a frosh from U of T and bring them to "the man in the green witch hat", find various song names from CD's in HMV, find a particular memorial bench in Edward's Garden (if you don't know edwards gardens, there are gazillions of memorial benches!), find a clue in a locker at the bus station...... lots of stuff. Tiring, but a ton of fun.

Sunday, I was pretty sore, so really didn't plan on doing anything. I planted myself on the couch, finished watching the last season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (3 episodes), and started re-watching season 1 of Lost, in preparation of the season premiere next week (10 episodes). So how is watching 13 hours of TV productive? Well, I finished the back, and the left front of the VK* Short Sleeve Top!

The photo isn't that exciting, because the sides are all rolled up, but I'm pretty impressed with how quickly it's going. I'm a little worried about having enough yarn to finish it (if you remember, the yarn is a discontinued Patons from my stash*.....). I have some in black too, so if I run out, I can do the sleeves in the black, and try dying the whole thing black. I know it won't be perfect, but maybe it'll turn out kinda cool?



Today, I got my butt out of bed and went for a run. 4.2 km in 34 mins.... not great, but at least it's a start- I realized on Saturday just how out of shape I had gotten! Ugh. So, not only is it time to get back to knitting and blogging, but I gotta start running again. Maybe I should actually bite the bullet and join one of those run clubs I detest so much.....

* Definitions for Chris
"VK" - Vogue Knitting- a magazine that comes with lots of patterns
"Stash"- the large collection of yarn that knitters tend to collect, even if they don't know what they want to make with it