Wednesday, October 12, 2005

from Sheep to Chic

For some reason I can't seem to post any photos today.....

Anyway, I took a "round robin" class at the Creative Sewing and Needlework Festival. There were 4 instructors, and four swatches, which are all supposed to go together to make a bag. They obviously had designed it on the fly, because there was no actual sample, but it was still good!
Lily Chin from New York did the "flap" of the bag using bead knitting. I had never knit with beads before, so that was pretty cool.
The other three sections were cabling (Fiona Ellis), Log Cabin (Denise Powell) and fair Isle (Gayle Bunn).
I can't stand the log cabin stuff. I didn't enjoy doing it (I hate picking up stitches), and I don't like the way it looks, so I'll have to come up with something else for that side.
I guess this isn't a very exciting post with no photos!

You'll have to wait until next week....