Sunday, January 15, 2006

Procrastination

I'm supposed to be working on my "letter of Intent" for my grad school application right now. As you can see, I'm not. I've got myself all worked up over it, and in fact have given myself a bit of an upset stomach. I want to take a nap!
I'm having flash backs to high school. I used to do this all the time. I'm one of those perfectionist procrastinators. If I'm not sure I'm gonna do it perfectly, I avoid it. I think it's one of the reasons I hated high school so much, feeling like this. It's horrible, and I really wish I could get over it.
How am I ever going to do well in this program, if I can't even write this stupid letter! I think I'm gonna go have a little cry now.
No, I am really smart,and I am really good at my job. This program will be lucky to have me, so I am going to whip off this essay, and all will be well.

If it doesn't work out, I think I'll give up on this whole career thing.... buy myself a trailer, get knocked up a few times, and live the high life on welfare...... then I would have more time to knit!