Thursday, October 12, 2006

My Jungian Socks

Meet my new socks. As you can see, they are quite different. Like fraternal twins (as Michelle would say).

I like to think of them as Jungian.... two parts of the same skein. Maybe anima and animus, or the shadow and the self... what do you think?

I am really happy with them. They're the first pair that I knit specifically for me, so they fit well. I'm still sick, so I've been wearing them a lot to keep my feetsies warm, and they're doing a good job. I've become quite attached to them!

So yes, I'm still sick. I feel a little better, but I have almost no voice left. This really sucks. I've only managed to go in to work for half a day so far. I can't decide whether or not to try again tomorrow, or just say screw it and take the rest of the week off. I'm sure that I could use the rest, but I'd feel bad, having just come back from a two week vacation.
Oops.

I have been able to knit a bit though, I only have 1 front and the trim left on the Polka Purl Dots/Squares wrap left to do. Do you think there will be any more warm weather for me to wear it, or will it just go away as a treat for the spring?

After I finished the socks, I was allowed to start a new project- so I started Sam, the cabled baby sweater.

I'm supposed to run a 5km race on Sunday. What do you think the chances of that will be?