Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Blocking = Magic

Hey, remember this top?

It's from the VK Spring/Summer 2005, and I made one......

When I made it last year, I tried it on and it looked terrible. I was convinced that I was going to have to rip it out and add some short rows for the ladies in front.
I picked it up the other day to start frogging (with summer coming and all), but realized I have no clue where the leftover yarn was, if there even was any. How can you add short rows, if there is no yarn to add?

So, I thought I might try blocking it, just to see what happens.....
Turns out it ain't so bad! I'm going to wear it to work today to see how it holds out. The crochet edging seems to have a really strong desire to curl though....

I'll give you all the deets later, but now I must go and drink coffee.....