Monday, April 10, 2006

Weight Watchers

I've gained 20 lbs since December. Ugh.

I grew up one of those skinny, scrawny girls that everyone hates. I was only 99 lbs when I started university, and a whole lot of that was boob.

During university, I gained my freshmen 15, and it's just continued since then. I'm sure it was a combination of a slowing metabolisms, and a deep respect for beer.

My mom's side of the family has a lot of big girls, so I've always been aware of my potential to get big. After university I started going to the gym, and then in the last few years started running and then more recently swimming. I've always managed to maintain my weight that way, and have never had to watch what I ate.

So what's happening now? I'm having some major problems with my back. Running and swimming make it hurt A LOT, and even walking too much knocks me out. Last time I was at physio, she basically told me to take a break from all of them.

Hence, the 20 lb weight gain. I feel pretty gross.

So, it's time to try another tactic. Last night I signed up for Weight Watchers online.

Today, I count points.