Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Process vs. Project?

People often talk about being a "process" knitter vs. a "project" knitter (whether you knit for experiencing the process, or if you knit for the finished project). I've never really sat down to examine my own interests. But really, looking back, I don't really wear any of my sweaters, but it's because they're too big. But I'm not one of those people who jumps right up to re-do them (in fact, I have yet to re-knit something).

But yesterday at the grocery store (while wandering around in severe pain, and fully expecting to pass out after my workout) I came across the new Vogue Knitting. This is the sweater on the cover:
I DESPERATELY want to knit it. Is it because I want to wear it? HA! That would look ridiculous on me. Imagine some big boobs underneath, with a Santa Claus belly jiggling around below it. What a joke.

But still, I bought the magazine, and totally plan on making it, just to see how it's done.

So maybe I am a process knitter.


PS- If anyone desperately wants this sweater, i guess you can put in a yarn request and I'll give it to you after the "process" is over.......