Saturday, March 31, 2007

Hi honey, I'm home!

I returned from Cuba last night, sunburned and tired. I had such a good time!
You can check out the photos here, if you want.

Now I have a ton of catching up to do, I'm not sure where to start. Especially my blog reading. Sigh.

I started with my SnB friends. Lisa posted this about blogs and comments. Wow.
I leave comments on blogs of people I don't know, only if I feel I have something useful or of interest to say. Why do people need to hear "nice job" 20 million times?
I don't feel the need for a response, and I definitely don't get upset if I don't get one.

I guess because I think this way, I don't often respond to my own commenter's, unless they have a question. It's not because I don't like them, it's more because I'm not very good at non purposeful conversation, unless it's face-to-face (then I don't shut up). Just ask my friends that call me on the phone. I probably come off as pretty rude sometimes! Once I have or have given the information needed, I'm done with the conversation.

But, I do enjoy getting comments, it's a little self-esteem boost each time someone leaves me a note. I just wasn't aware there was a need for a comment back. So, from now on, I will try to reply to all my comments, and I apologize to everyone that has left a comment and felt ignored. Please don't believe it was intentional, only a product of my awkward social skills!

So next question..... If I leave a comment on someone's blog, and they reply back to me, am I expected to reply to that?